Many books on personal evangelism tell stories of personal fear of evangelism.
Evangelism is scary for many, for a variety of reasons?
Why does one have to be brave?
Here is a list that I have compiled over the years of teaching workshops and seminars and the most common responses that I get to the question
“Why are you afraid of evangelism?”
- Door to Door
- Drive-by Evangelists
- Pushy televangelists
- “My friend was obnoxious with me.”
- Clumsy Apologetics (being caught without answers)
- Fear of Rejection
- Losing a friendship
- Fear of offending
- Feeling inadequate
- Embarrassment over unanswerable questions
- Fear of what others will think about you.
- Rudely Interrupting somebody’s life
- Being seen as arrogant
- Your own weakness, hypocrisies, and inadequacies
- Personal Doubt
- Pastor says so.
- Jesus says so.
- To mess up somebody’s eternity destiny is your fault
Do you want ongoing ideas delivered to your inbox?
Each week, I send out new articles to help you grow your your skills in personal evangelism. I include other articles as well on hospitality ministry, greeter ministry and refreshing your vision for church hospitality.