Every now and then, I put up a series of links that simply reflect some of the reading that I do.
- Nathan Eshleman at Presbyterian Thoughts raises a provocative question about how the Church and Illegal Immigrants. Having personally been involved in the immigrant community, and where my church is unable to send a mission team overseas, this question is personal. The Church needs to get involved in the just treatment and compassionate care for immigrants.
- Tony Jones reposts a Response to Critics about Emergent Village, by Tony Jones, Doug Pagitt, Spencer Burke, Brian McLaren, Dan Kimball, Andrew Jones, Chris Seay. Downloadable as a PDF.
- Eric Jones compiles a list of questions about raising mission minded children.
- Here’s an article about “downsizing” the Sunday service for the sake of mission. Reduce the time and effort that needs to be put into the Sunday service in order to allow more time for leaders to “rub shoulders” with non-Christians during the week.
- Confessing Evangelical writes a great post about evangelism methods and techniques, with a great quote from a speaker he writes about:
“Is your life the sort of life that makes people ask questions about God, and is your conversation the sort of conversation that answers them?”
Have a great weekend!