Do you need Bible verses to consider for your hospitality committee devotions?
Perhaps you need a list of welcoming bible verses for your greeter ministry?
You can turn this list of bible verses on welcoming the stranger into a simple email to your greeter volunteers as a reminder of how they are called to extend an awesome welcome to your visitors and regular attenders.
You might even consider separating them out one at a time for your reminder emails.
No matter how you use them for your hospitality ministry, allow the Scriptures to shape the attitude of your greeter volunteers and others who participate in your welcome ministries.
14 Scripture Verses for Hospitality Committees and Greeter Teams
The following list of bible verses comes from the New Revised Standard Version
- Deuteronomy 10: 19 You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
- Leviticus 19:34 The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
- Matthew 5:43-44 You have heard that it was said, ‘you shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy’. But I say to you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you.
- Matthew 25:40 Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of my brethren you did it to me.
- Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
- Romans 13:10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
- Acts 10:34 Then Peter began to speak to them: “I truly understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.
- Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “See the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them as their God; they will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them.”
- 3 John 1:5 Beloved, you do faithfully whatever you do for the friends, even though they are strangers to you; they have testified to your love before the church. You do well to send them on in a manner worthy of God; for they began their journey for the sake of Christ, accepting no support from non-believers. Therefore we ought to support such people, so that they may become co-workers with the truth.
- Luke 10:27 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.
- Hebrews 13: 1 Let mutual love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.
- Colossians 3:11 In that renewal there is no longer Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and free; but Christ is all and in all.
- Matthew 25: 35 I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
- Romans 12:13 Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers.
Does your greeter team need training? Try these resources from EvangelismCoach: