Cleaning out file cabinets at the beginning of the year, I find all sorts of great stuff.
Today’s find gives you 20 ways to support Evangelism in your local church, whether you are a pastor or layperson in the church
- Let session members (or Your leadership Team) know of your interest in evangelism.
- Volunteer to serve on the Evangelism Committee. (If the church doesn’t have one, volunteer to start one).
- Encourage and support the church’s evangelism efforts (attend evangelism events and bring others to them)
- Ask others to pray for the work of evangelism in your church
- Invite or bring a friend to: church, circle meeting, Sunday school, special services
- Ask for (and support with your own attendance) training in faith sharing (invite and encourage others to attend, also).
- Speak to visitors and new members EVERY Sunday!!!
- Intentionally make a place for and welcome new people and visitors (at Sunday school, after church coffee hour, men / women’s meetings, covered dish dinners, worship, etc.).
- Be on the lookout for when and how you might appropriately share your faith with others
- Actually share with another person how God has acted in your life.
- Help your church building and worship service to become more user friendly
- Look for ways to reach out to the community in ministry and help those ministries happen
- Be on the lookout for ways to help young families feel more a part of your church
- Be on the lookout for ways to help young adults feel more a part of your church
- Adopt a visitor to church (invite them to lunch after church, help them meet other people)
- Become a “matchmaker” for visitors to church (help them meet and sit with someone with whom they have something in common)
 From a handout I got somewhere. No longer remember where from.