Looking back over 2008, I wanted to highlight some surprises and joys.
We did nearly 30 training events in 3 different countries in 2008 and look forward to continuing to grow our ministry. We’ve expanded our teaching schedule for next year and hope to grow the number of events and retreats.
Top 10 Articles for the Year
Based on Google information, here are the top 10 pages on this site.
- EvangelismCoach Home Page
- How to Assemble a Church Visitor Packet
- Six Hints for welcoming visitors to your Church
- 10 Ideas for Church Visitor Gifts
- Phillip and the Ethiopian Eunuch
- 10 Tips for Church Greeters
- Series for Welcome Church Visitors
- 10 Practices to Welcome Church Visitors Part 1
- Free Download: Church Hospitality Assessment
- Church Marketing Cards
What amazed me was that most of these were written in the early fall of 2008 and became the top pages for the entire year. I’m also amazed that the series on conversion in Acts and the series on the Definition of Evangelism has fallen out of the top 10
I do receive a little income from book sales. Top selling books this year are
- How To Welcome Church Visitors (Instant Download)
- Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests into Fully-Engaged Members of Your Church
- Beyond the First Visit: The Complete Guide to Connecting Guests to Your Church
- Serving as a Church Greeter
I was surprised that some other books on personal evangelism didn’t make the list of the top 4 books. My commissions from Amazon usually run about 5-6%.
By popular demand, the webinars will be returning in 2009. I have to find a service that is not as expensive as the one that I was using. If you do webcasting, please help me find a provider that doesn’t cost so much. I’ve got some ideas in mind, but look forward to late January for new training.
I’m also scheduling expert interviews with people who are actively practicing and doing evangelism who can share their knowledge with you.
Goals for 2009
Here is what I’d like to accomplish in 2009, and I’ll need your help to do it.
- Grow the evangelism newsletter subscribers by 1300 new subscribers
- Write more useful articles on greeting visitors.
- Write more useful articles on personal evangelism.
- Write a hard copy book on Fear Free Evangelism.
- Provide 12 webinars for evangelism training.
- A private members area that will have monthly direct access to me and more advanced cirriculum.
How can you help?
- If you don’t already receive it, get my evangelism newsletter every month. It has useful articles, and the occasional online training announcement.
- Use the Tell A Friend Feature when you find a post interesting.
- Use the Social bookmarking tools like Tumbler or StumbleUpon
- Pray for this ministry.
- Grab my Feed and when you find a useful article, forward it and introduce new friends to this ministry.
- Register for upcoming events near you.
- Buy my ebook at How to Welcome Church Visitors
- Make your Amazon Purchases through our links.
- Make a donation
- Join the discussion and add your thoughts to the comments.