Do your church visitors come back a second time?
Here in July, it is the summer slump in programming for churches.
Most US and Canada churches slow down their programming during these months and prepare themselves for a fall launch of a new sermon series and launch of many new programs.
Now is the time to
- Review your church hospitality systems
- Recast new vision for welcoming the first time church visitor.
- Improve the process of welcoming first time guests
- Evaluate systems and fix what is broken.
- Look for new ideas to improve your current systems.
- Help your church welcome new visitors this fall.
All as you prepare your fall activities to launch your new programming.
Prepare your teams for the September welcome.
In this 1 hour online teleclass, among other things you’ll learn:
- How welcoming guests helps your church fulfill or fail the great commission.
- What you need to know about your guests before they arrive so you can serve them well
- No manuals necessary – how to have awesome hospitality ministry in unforeseen moments
- 8 necessary traits of a church hospitality volunteer who blesses your guests
Join us online Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM EDT for this paid teleclass.
This on-line class is specifically for
- Greeters who need a refresher
- First time Greeters who will be starting this fall
- Hospitality ministry leaders who want a fresh vision
- Date:Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM Eastern US Time. Adjust for your timezone.
- Where: Online Classroom, accessed via a unique link you’ll receive.
- You may share this link with your entire greeter and hospitality team for them to register individually.
- Each person will receive free access to download the recording after the webinar is over, typically within 24 hours.
- Each person will receive the handout for the event.
- If you cannot attend the day of the event but want the information, register anyway to get access.
- After registration, you’ll receive a link via email to complete your registration. You must click that link to finish the registration process and receive the details.
- If you want to call in for the audio portion, telephone numbers are provided for: Australia, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, and United States. Toll charges may apply.
- You can assign one person to watch it and then share their learning, rather than every volunteer sign up on your team.
- You can gather people in one room to watch it together.
- Or you can allow your volunteers to register individually and watch it from home.
Registration has passed:
If you would like this as a class specifically for your team, visit this page and order your class.
What happens after payment:
- You’ll receive a confirmation email that contains a link.
- You must click on that link to complete your registration.
- That link will take you to a registration successful page.
- You’ll receive an email entitled “Confirmation: Upgrade Your Hospitality” within 20 minutes that gives you the unique link to access the online class on July 31.
If you do not receive your confirmation email with the details, please contact me directly. Sometimes, users provide a wrong email address that’ll bounce, and I don’t get notified.Related posts: