Last year, a blog I read asked:
In the that article, the writer’s specific action steps in his plan:
- Study and Read. Do you need books? Check out our books on evangelism page.
- Evangelism Journal. Make notes of quotes, books, and experiences.
- Evangelism Plan. Make a plan to be intentional about sharing your faith.
I like Gary’s idea of an evangelism Journal. I keep a file on my computer that captures thoughts, quotes, and stuff like that. I need to find some additional form of capture when I don’t have my laptop with me, or when I’m traveling to and from Evangelism seminars.
Church Evangelism Strategy
- Send your church leaders to an evangelism training seminar.
- Host an Evangelism Training Seminar.
- Find an evangelism program like the Alpha course and implement it.
- Conduct a church hospitality assessment and seek ways to improve the welcoming of visitors.
- Set a goal for the number of professions of faith, conversions, or baptisms (whatever statistic is an important measure of growth for your church or denomination).
- Host a regional Evangelism training event.
- Invite speakers on Evangelism to share a passion.
- Set your outreach events that are intentionally geared towards your target audience.
- Host “Invite a friend” Sundays.
- Develop your holiday sermon series (Easter, Christmas, Mother’s day, etc)?
- Develop an Evangelism Coaching Group in your church to nurture the passionate. (See Evangelism Training in the Local Church)
Personal Evangelism Strategy
- Read at least 3 books on personal evangelism (see our Evangelism Books Page for some ideas).
- Participate in a group like the one described in Evangelism Training in the Local Church
- Pray daily for those who do not know Christ.
- Look for the daily opportunities to have a conversation about your faith.
- Think through your witnessing conversations and consider what you might have done differently.
- Journal your evangelism conversations to reflect and learn.
- Learn a default setting — a basic evangelism gospel script.
- Instead of counting conversions, count the number of conversations you have.
- Review your day to see if you missed an opportunity to share your faith.
- Spend time “doing life” with people apart from the church. Quit doing Bible Studies all the time. (See: 10 Ideas to Reach Out To Your Neighborhood)
- Build genuine relationships with your neighbors.
Grab our Free Evangelism Newsletter and you can stay in touch with at least one source that will be reminding you monthly about evangelism to help keep your passion high. If you need some help developing a plan, consider a mentoring or coaching program. See the Evangelism Mentoring page to explore our services. Do you Need Evangelism coaching?
Let me ask you this?
What would you add to this list?
Image credit: eskay / 123RF Stock Photo