Last week, I completed the first step towards obtaining a certification in Christian Coaching from Valwood Coaching, part of the Hollifield Leadership Center.
The Introductory Course in Christian Coaching
VALWOOD Christian Leadership Coaching is a highly structured, biblically grounded process aimed at providing the tools to 21st century Christian leaders to enable them to help congregations “be” and “do” those things to which God has called them.
The certification process began with an Introduction to Christian Leadership Coaching Learning Experience. This learning experience focuses on helping participants who work in situations of Christian leadership to experience coaching and discover ways to use it in their work with congregational leadership.
In the future, I will continue with certification. To complete the certification process a participant must:
- Take part in a three-day Foundations of Christian Leadership Coaching Learning Experience.
- Attend a three-day Establishing A Dynamic Coaching Relationship Learning Experience.
These classes are scheduled sometime in the Spring of 2009. My calendar did not permit the November classes.
What then is Evangelism Coaching?
The big idea to keep in mind is that coaching differs from mentoring, consulting, or even counseling.
- Coaching concentrates on where individuals are now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future.
- Consulting provides the solution from the consultant’s knowledge base. They are the subject matter experts and are looked to for solutions.
- Mentoring focuses on the individuals and life development while coaching focuses on the performance and is task oriented
Thus Evangelism Coaching is me helping you think through where you are now and helping you discover where you want to go and how you want to get there.
Do you want to take the next step?
Consider taking some Christian Evangelism Coaching. Read Do You Need Evangelism Coaching?Related posts: