Awesome Book Lists
- Books for beginning missionaries
- Jeff Gilbertson adds his: Top 10 Reading List
- EvangelismCoach: Top Recommended Personal Evangelism Books for 2009
Other cool links
- North American Mission Board posts conversational tips to keep a conversation moving.
- Resisting Evangelistic Entropy – Networking tips for church planters. I like some of the intentional “drop ins” to make relational connetctions.
From Goodmanson’s talk at the GCA
Things to watch for when designing a church website
- Please do not use a splash or entry page for your website. (Will not perform well in search engines.)
- Ensure your site works cross-browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.)
- Don’t create graphic directions without direction link.
- Don’t have a site with complex URLs. (will be hard to lead people to it)
- Don’t create a flash only or frames site.
- Don’t have your site built by a hobbyist in the congregation or use a generic cms template.
- Don’t use Christianese language. Will not be understood and received well.
- Don’t have outdated content, coming soon or missing content. (E.g., no service times)
- Don’t use annoying flashing icons and the like.
- Don’t seek to make money from your church’s website.