Your church greeters are one of the most important experiences for first time visitors. You may want to organize a greeter ministry and are not sure where to begin.
Greeter ministry is at the core of your welcome experience:
- Greeting people at the door,
- Greeting people at a welcome center
- Greeting people during the worship service.
- Greeting people after the service is over, or between morning services.
A lot of churches think that greeting happens automatically.
But we all know that it doesn’t.
In fact, we all know that greeter enthusiasm comes and goes in waves. You build them up, but after a few months, the system gets disorganized and lazy again. Greeters stop showing up and they forget the importance of their role in the church hospitality system. You loose track of who are greeters in your church.
You want your guest to return, not be driven away
Every church wants their guests to return, and not be driven away by church greeters who say embarrassing things.
How your guests experience your greeters is one of the central influences in their decision to return to your church. Yet depending on what study you read, up to 70% – 90% of those visitors don’t come back for a second visit.
Training your church greeters is one area that you can focus on to lower that number for your congregation and improve the rate at which visitors to return.
Your church greeter ministry is one central point for volunteer training in your church hospitality training, if you want more of your first time church visitors to return.
How to Get 10 Free Videos for Training for Church Greeters
Church Greeter Training Tips for Free
Yes, you can HAVE access all these church greeter training videos I put on a special website for free.
I’ve been studying and writing about church greeter training during the past 20 years and want to share this information with you, and I’m giving it all away for free.
I want to help you church greeter ministry get launched, get organized and get started. . . .
I ask you to sign up for them by email so that you will not be overwhelmed by all 10 at one time.
I assure you I do not rent, sell, or share this email list with no-one.
Why do you receive this videos over 30 days?
When I had set the calendar to relase all 10 were released in 10 days, the common complaint was it was too much information all at once.
With an every 3rd day role out, the pacing allows you to reflect and react to bite-size portions. You’ll be able to better impact your greeter ministry over time, rather than feeling overwhelmed at once.
Sample Church Greeter Tips covered in the videos
- What six words do you not want a church greeter to say to a first time church visitor?
- How many church greeting teams or church greeters do you need for church?
- What are some suggested guidelines for church greeters?
- What is a church greeter and what do church greeters do?
- What are the duties of a church greeter? What needs to go into a church greeter training meeting?
Training for Church Greeters
- How do you develop and train a team of greeters at church?
- Do you have greeters in the church who don’t really know what to do?
- Were they a warm recruit to fill a spot?
- Or someone with the gifts to step in and do the job?
- What do you use for church greeter training?
- What Church Greeter tips can you share with your new recruits?
- All of these questions will be addressed on the inside, as you contribute your thoughts and hear these church greeter training videos.
Most of these church greeter training videos are under 5 minutes each. Get in soon!
How to Help Your Church Greeters Welcome Better
I sell church greeter training materials, and provide online classes every now and then for new church greeters. But before you buy any training materials for church greeters, consider this free list of articles as a starting point.
If you’d prefer to get started with the free articles on church greeters, this page is designed to get you up and running towards the basics of improving your greeter ministry of hospitality at your church.
- Video: What does a greeter do?
- 20 Crazy Church Greeter Comments that Drive Visitors Away
- What Greeters can say to A Church Visitor
- How to Personally Recruit New Church Greeters
- The Vital Role of Church Greeters in the Welcome Experience of your Church
- Are church greeters an appropriate ministry for the church?
- Top Church Greeter Guidelines
- 3 Quick Fixes to Your Church Greeter Ministry
- Church Greeters can offer to pray with your guests
- 10 Things Every First Time Church Greeter Should Know
- Several Conversational Questions for Nervous Church Greeters
The First Step to Improving Your Greeter Ministry
The most important first step to improving your church greeter ministry, assuming you have greeters, is to have a vision casting meeting. Don’t call it a training, but a vision refresher. Those who don’t think they need training won’t show up. You gather all your greeters together and in this meeting you:
- Celebrate the visitors who are coming back.
- Share stories of people’s lives being changed
- How welcome ministries make that possible.
- Share some practical tips and skills to help your greeters grow.
Learn more about training greeters from the book: Church Greeters 101
Author: Chris Walker is the founder of EvangelismCoach.org and teaches evangelism and church hospitality throughout the Americas.
Do you lead your greeter ministry?
I’ve written a book for leaders of church greeter ministry. Click on these links to read more (at Amazon).
- Church Greeters 101 in Paperback and available in Kindle format.