Church press releases are remarkably simple to do once you understand some basic points and setup a distribution system for your church press release.
How First PC Englewood Uses Press Releases
I recently spoke with Richard Hong, pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Englewood NJ, about what they have learned over the last few years in using press releases to build up and shape the reputation of their church in the neighborhood.
Churches has asked me how to add some effective marketing to their outreach campaigns, and press releases are one way you can garner free publicity for your church.
Press releases are more than the little program announcements that some churches still make in the Saturday paper.
Regular press releases by your church can call attention to your church and increase your church’s visibility and reputation in your community. This may help attract people to your church who want to participate in your programs, and hopefully grow in their walk with Christ.
Church Press Release Interview
I’ve seen some awful church press releases, and some good ones, so I’ve asked Richard to share
- what their church is doing,
- how they do it, and
- lessons they’ve learned from using press releases
Listen in as Richard shares
- on different types of press releases
- what makes for useless press releases
- how his church distributes press releases
- How they get free professional videos made
- How to effectively position your press release in community newspapers.
- The nuts and bolts of formatting a press release for your church.
Finally, he wraps it up with some specific action steps you can take if you want to develop a press release strategy for your church.
Grab the EvangelismCoach.org podcast feed to get more podcasts automatically
Image source: MorgueFileRelated posts: