I’ve just wrapped up an Evangelism Conference at Calvary Presbyterian Church, Enfield CT, on Listening Evangelism, Evangelism in the Power of the Holy Spirit.
What a great group of people!
Several churches, different denominations, gathering to learn about our approach to Evangelism.
Congregational, Episcopal, Presbyterian, Christian Missionary Alliance, were to name a few of the different streams in the body of Christ.
It was a privilege to have been invited to share on Evangelism.
Experience Personal Evangelism
The high point of the evangelism conference was the Lab Time, based on Phillip and the Ethiopian Eunuch.
This is a feature of our evangelism conferences, where we take one afternoon session, leave the church, and go to the town to do listening evangelism.
When we gather back together, we tell stories of God’s leading and the conversations that happened.
Several gave testimony of praying with people
- in Wal-mart,
- at their neighbor’s house, and
- prayer walks in neighborhoods.
A few reported some deeply significant spiritual conversations with neighbors.
Evangelism Books Resources
For the folks coming to the website after the conference, here are some of the resources I promised to post:
- Questioning Evangelism, Randy Newman
- They like Jesus, but not the Church by Dan Kimball
- Confessions of a Reformissional Rev by Mark Driscoll
- Reimagining Evangelism: Inviting Friends on a Spiritual Journey, Rick Richardson
- Unbinding the Gospel: Real Life Evangelism (Real Life Evangelism Series) by Martha Reese
- Discipling the Nations: The Power of Truth to Transform Cultures
- Walking with the Poor.
- unChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity… and Why It Matters