The problem that many of our churches face is that church visitors do not come back for the second or third time.
Churches need to get the core values of church hospitality:
- Visitors are a gift from God.
- We have the privilege of influencing their journey to faith.
- We can lead them to Christ.
- We can help them find a place to serve.
But that is if our church
- welcomes visitors,
- loves the church visitor,
- serves the first time church guest, and
- works at including them in the Body and help them to grow.
We don’t want to make it unnecessarily uncomfortable for our guests.
We don’t want our behavior to make our guests decide not to come back.
They might be offended by the claims of Jesus Christ, but that is different from the unnecessary offense that our members might create against visitors who come for the very first time.
Growing effective hospitality ministry is one way that we can improve our congregation and one way that we might help improve our visitor retention rate.