Next week (April 16-22, 2013), I’ll return to Nicaragua on another teaching trip, particularly to the cities of
I teach for a ministry called PRMI (Presbyterian Reformed Ministries International).
I serve as their Missions Faculty for the Americas and have the joy of helping grow their work in Latin America.
Pastor Raul (pictured with me a few years ago) is one of the host pastors.
Teaching the saints how to pray
Paul exhorted the Christians in Ephesus to:
…pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayer and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints (Ephesians 6:18).
We’ll be teaching a conference prayer, particularly the work of intercession.
1. Pray for workers: When Jesus saw the crowds, he instructed his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the Harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field (Matthew 9:38).”
2. Pray for Open doors: Paul wrote the Colossians, “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ (Colossians 4:2-3).”
3. Pray for the Gospel to Spread and to be Honored: Paul asked the church to intercede for his mission team, “brothers, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored … (2 Thessalonians 3:1).”
There are 5 Matagalpa churches that are on board as participants. The credibility of our work with Young Life Latin America over 10 years has opened up the doors for these churches to invite us in.
There are at least 3 churches in Jinotega that will be sending people, building upon our first visit with them last November 2012.
I look forward to telling you the stories of this trip.
Travel Agenda for Prayer:
- We arrive on the 16th
- The 17th we will visit the pastors’ association meeting and maybe radio in Jinotega
- The 18th we will do the meetings in Jinotega from 8am-8pm
- The 19th morning is free, meeting starts at 4 and goes to 8pm in Matagalpa
- The 20th in Matagalpa meetings from 8-5
- The 21st in Matagalpa meetings from 8-12
- Sunday evening the 21st we will meet with the house church we have.
- Monday, 3:00am leave for the airport for flights home.
I’m responsible for the $600 airfare and some incidentals to get there.
How can you help?
This is spiritually challenging work and we need significant prayer covering.
If you want to pray daily for me during the trip from April 16-22, I’d like you to contact me to be put on the intercessor’s list for this event.
Make a donation to our support through PRMI, the ministry that covers us. Read more here.
Or purchase something out of the store that you can use in your ministry. 100% of what is sold on this site supports our Latin American efforts.Related posts: