Have you had thoughts like these:
- “My friends feel welcome at my church, but I wish I could feel comfortable actually talking with them about my faith.”
- “It’s easy to welcome my friends to my church, but I don’t know how to talk with them about Jesus.”
- “I can invite my friends to church, but I am scared to talk with them about my faith.”
- “I wish I knew how to talk about my faith, not just invite my friends to church.”
- “I wish evangelism wasn’t so stressful.”
Maybe we are simply not used to talking about our faith and, for whatever reason, we feel awkward mentioning the name of Jesus.
It seems that we happily talk about our other friends, but not about Him.
How readily do we talk about
- our praying;
- what we have discovered in Scripture;
- what the Holy Spirit has been saying to us, or
- how we have seen the Father at work in our lives?
In fact, do we even mention Father, Jesus and the Spirit, or do they become buried beneath the non-specific label of ‘God’?
If we don’t talk about Jesus among friends, then why would we find it easy to talk about him with strangers?
Free Faith Sharing Workshop in Richmond VA
Two aspects to growing in personal evangelism are
- learning to tell your own faith story
- learning to share the gospel story.
On July 28, at Crestwood Presbyterian Church (West Campus), Chris Walker of EvangelismCoach.org will lead a seminar to help you move
- beyond giving invites to church to
- growing comfortable with talking about your faith.
A love offering will be received.
What you will learn:
In this 2 hour workshop, you’ll learn skills to
- telling your own testimony
- sharing the gospel story
And have a place and time to practice these in a familiar and safe setting.
Chris has been giving evangelism training seminars around the US and has nearly 800 articles on his website related to church hospitality and personal evangelism.
You’ve taken the stress out of evangelism. – workshop participant in CT.
- A love offering will be received.
- Chris will have additional audio CD resources for sale.
- Online registrations with email will be added to our newsletter list. You can unsubscribe at anytime.