In the past 12 months, our family experienced being a church shopper.
We share some of first time visitor experiences
- We embarrassed the Greeter – Visit #1.
- The print was too small — Visit #2, and
- We found the front door locked – Visit #3,
- Overwhelmed at the Visitor Center – Visit #4,
- Could not make a friend – Visit # 5
- Ignored by all – Visit #6
After a few months, we have found a church home, a new church development that is not yet public.
We are training our welcome teams from the start and building welcome and hospitality into our DNA.
Here are some lessons I learned from all 8 visits (I still have yet to write up two).