If you want more of your first time church visitors to return, one area you can fix is your church hospitality systems.
Each year, church hospitality committees want to
- Restart their stale welcome ministry.
- Take their visitor welcome process to the next level.
So you’ve started a hospitality committee.
These committee members desire to help your church grow. They want to help newcomers find a relationship with Jesus. They want newcomers to connect with members of the church.
Some volunteers are new to hospitality ministries and have no idea where to start making improvements.
Other members are appointed by the pastor to fix the problems, and they feel the pressure to “make hospitality work.”
Your hospitality ministry in the church is one of the most important factors in the experience of first time visitors that will influence their personal decision to come back to your church.
You need a road map to improving your hospitality ministry
I sell products and coaching services on this website, but before you consider any of that, start by reading through this tutorial for church hospitality committees
- What does a church hospitality committee work on?
- Duties of Church Hospitality Committee or Team
- Identify Your Church Hospitality Blind Spots
- Evaluate your hospitality ministry for free
- 8 Steps to Relaunching A Church Hospitality Committee
- Is Your Church’s Hospitality Committee stuck?
- Conversion to the Church: Helping Visitors Connect
- How do we measure the impact of our church hospitality
- Four Ways to pray for your Welcome Ministry
The best place to start
Improving your church’s welcome ministry is an ongoing process. However, if you are starting your hospitality committee, or working at restarting your welcome process, the best place to start is developing the vision for hospitality ministry in your church.
Have your committee describe the desired outcomes of the first visit:
- Each guest to our church shall _____________________________.
- No guest to our church shall ____________________________.
I offer several items to help you with developing your church hospitality committee over at the EvangelismCoach.org store.
- How to Welcome Church Visitors (ebook)
- Church Greeters 101 (ebook)
- Cast the Vision for Hospitality (Download MP3)
- Church Hospitality Review (Download MP3)
- Break the Barriers DVD set (4 DVD set aimed at helping you identify and remove barriers).
- Greeter Training Webinar #1 (DVD or download)
- Greeter Training DVD #2 (Download)
Do want a discuss how to break through where you are stuck?
I spend time on the phone with your committee, up to 90 minutes, where I help you trouble shoot and develop some action plans.
Author: Chris Walker is the founder of EvangelismCoach.org and teaches evangelism and church hospitality throughout the Americas.