- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 1 Am I too busy to see?
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 2 “Jesus saw”
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 3
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 4
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 5
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 6
- 30 days of Prayer: Day 7 The Process of Evangelism
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 8: Spiritual Blindness
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 9: The Pearl of Great Price
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 10: Surprised by Joy
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 11 Scattering the Seed
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 12 – The mystery of conversion
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 13 – Conversion process is discernable
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 14 – Harvest
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 15 – The soil
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 16 – Spiritual Thirst
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 17 – Spiritual Thirst Study
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 18 – Common Spiritual Thirsts
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 19 – Woman at the Well
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 20 – Spiritual Thirst and Good Works
- 30 Days of Prayer – Day 21: Tell of All His Works
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 22 – Tell of His Love
- 30 Days of Prayer — Day 23: Who is Jesus to me?
How has the Lord been good to you?
If one of your friends were to ask you today:
Would you be ready with an answer that is not generic?
- God blesses me.
- God forgives me.
Those are generic statements, versus awesome stories that demonstrate the work of God in your life.
Generic stories are boring.
Tell of the current deeds of the Lord
Look at these two citations from Scripture
Psalm 73:28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.
Isaiah 63:7 I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lord, the deeds for which he is to be praised, according to all the Lord has done for us— yes, the many good things he has done for Israel, according to his compassion and many kindnesses.
Can we tell of ALL the deeds of the Lord?
Can we share “the many good things He has done?”
Think back over the last 30 days.
How have you seen God’s kindness at work in your life?
You might see evidence of God’s work in:
- Speaking to you
- Growing a particular fruit of the Spirit
- A season of testing
- To be a blessing in the life of another
God is at work in your life.
When you have the eyes to see it, and take the time to meditate on His work, you will always have a fresh story to share of God’s work.
Lord Jesus, you are actively showing me the Father’s love (John 14:7). You are leading me to the Father’s love (John 14:6). You are at work in my life each day, though I confess that I do not always see your works or working.
You have revealed many kindessess to me over the years, but I have not always seen them or shared them.
Allow me to see today all the new mercies and kindnesses that you show me.
Spend some time reflecting on a particular story of God’s working in your life.
If you journal, write out such a story. Be sure to tell about God’s actions, your response, and if there was specific actions you were to follow, record the results of stepping out in obedience.
Ask the Lord to give you the opportunity to share this story with someone, so that you may “tell of all of his kindnesses.”Related posts: