I working up a new seminar on personal evangelism for pastors, and in today’s episode, I am interviewing a pastor who has found a way to have lots of conversations with unchurched people.
I’ve asked him to talk about
- what he does for evangelism as a pastor,
- how he does evangelism as a pastor, and
- some of what he’s learn about being a pastor and out in the community.
Today, our guest is a Harley Davidson lover and Nazerene Pastor from Alaska, MJ Quick.
MJ and I have been friends since I visited Alaska in 2008 to teach on personal evangelism, and he has since become the graphics guy for my products.
He is the founding pastor of Souljourn Community Church of the Nazarene, a growing congregation in Anchorage that meets on the University of Anchorage Alaska Campus as well as in Home Churches around the city.
Listen in as I ask him:
- What does evangelism look like in your life as a pastor?
- What are some habits and practices that you’ve taken on to have that frequency of conversation
- Share with us a typical conversational example:
- In summary, what are some ideas of next action steps pastors can do to change something?