All of these have come across my twitter feed in the last few months.
Which one of these church greeter experiences make you laugh out loud?
Which one of these observations of church greeters makes you cringe?
- I’m the greeter at church today. Is it bad if I greet everyone, then go back home to bed?
- Ok, went to church & this old guy (greeter) saw me w/my kids & was like where is their dad? He was so crusty, we were like really perv?
- I have a creeper at my mom’s church . . .the creepy greeter freak me out. I don’t even like going to her church now.
- When you randomly get signed up to be a greeter for your church mass? #ihatechurch
- If Walmart greeter is warmer and more authentic than ones at church there is a problem.
- To church today, had to be a greet, which I love to do every first Sunday. I like to greet people who come to my church
- Today my greeter at Church told me to suck it up and stop complaining about being sore.
- “Nice to meet you. Who the hell are you?” Greeter at church this morning
- That awkward moment when you’re holding hands with your dad walking into church & the greeter tells you what a good looking couple you make.
- I would not join your church if the greeter gave me a flyer to another church and told me I should check them out next week
- Sometimes I hate being the greeter at church.
- How fun, they asked me to be a greeter at my church!
- I’m not a happy greeter at church this morning. #donotmesswithme
- The greeter at church asked me how old I was and I told him I was 21 #mybirthdaybetterhurryup
- Let’s see. . . no formal education, no social skills, terribly frightened of human interaction. Let’s make you a church greeter
- Hate when people act a fool when we have visitor at church.
- Just remembered a greeter at church slipped me a note with his number in it. I guess I have to be polite…call & let him down easy.
- I walk into church and *greeter* hands me a blank card and a pencil. This probably will not end well.
- I’m the lector at church but the greeter!? I don’t think I can do it…
- Would rather be going to my game in 30 degree weather than being a greeter for church.
Share the Laugh:
Help your Church Greeters avoid such embarrassment
You can get the DVD or the downloads only