Puzzled why your church visitors don’t come back?
How do you create a vision for radical church hospitality that is beyond the pastor and church hospitality committee?
How can you develop a passion within the congregation for welcoming first time visitors?
- Maybe your members talk to each other and ignore the first time visitor.
- Maybe your volunteers are not serving the needs of visitors.
- Maybe your first time visitors don’t feel welcomed.
Do you have all the right church hospitality systems but still feel like your volunteers are disorganized and lack the vision for your church’s hospitality?
Church Hospitality Systems
I write about church hospitality systems in my ebook How to Welcome Church Visitors.
These systems are
- Your greeting volunteers
- The volunteers who set up the reception
- Welcome center volunteers
- Managing the visitor flow chart (Chapter 7)
- Building maintenance
- Parking lot teams.
- Post visit connection teams.
Such systems are important in greeting the first time church visitor as well as the members who come to your church.
Systems Run on Volunteers
But I’ve talked with several churches that have the right systems in place, but they still feel disorganized and ineffective.
Their volunteers have run out of gas.
- Volunteers not showing up on time
- Volunteers not knowing what to do.
- Welcome center not supplied or staffed.
- Volunteers lack motivation to go above and beyond the minimum.
As I’ve talked with churches hospitality teams, it seems that the common lack is a recent training meeting where vision for church hospitality is cast.
One church that I recently talked with had not had a training meeting for it’s volunteers in over 3 years. They simply gave a policy manual to new recruits without doing much else.
Another one had not gathered all their church hospitality volunteers for at least 1 year.
Your volunteers need vision too.
They run out of gas.
A Vision Casting Meeting
Perhaps it’s time to have a vision casting meeting.
Such a meeting can serve two purposes.
- Entry point for new volunteers
- Pep talk for new vision or to refresh a vision for hospitality.
I recorded one of those meetings that I gave to a team in the summer of 2010. I now make it available for sale.
The reviews turned in tell me that it has created fresh energy, renewed focus, and was an effective training meeting for their hospitality team as they prepared for the fall season.
I know many of you are doing some training this month. I think this resource will help you do it.
There was SO much in this recording. The biggest thing for me was hearing the importance of what our church can do when the service is over to initiate conversation with newcomers. You also gave us practical ideas that we could easily implement.
We have got quite good systems in place for before the service, but its after the service that we really need to work on. Thanks for pointing out some ideas for what we might do – Renda W, New Zealand.
Listen to the Sample on Cast A Vision for Church Hospitality
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this 79 minute audio MP3, pastors, hospitality ministry leaders, and volunteers will learn:
- 4 Reasons Church Visitors Don’t Return and Which Ones You Can Fix
- Evidence of Poor Church Hospitality Practices
- Meeting the Expectations of Your Church Visitors
- The Importance of Initiative in Greeting Church Visitors
- 14 Ways to Cast a Hospitality Vision
- How to Pray With Your Church Visitors
- 7 Next Steps for the Next 30 days.
Format: MP3 audio download (70 MB)
You will need some kind of MP3 player on your computer to listen to this file. I suggest you have high speed internet for the download to be reasonable.
Availability: Instantly after purchase.
Price: $10 USD for instant download.
After your payment is processed, you can download this file instantly and you’ll receive an email confirmation with the download link.
If the system doesn’t accept your credit card or if you have any questions that have been unanswered, please email me directly and let me know how I can help.
I’d be interested in getting your feedback. The feedback that you give me, is strictly confidential. Don’t forget to include your telephone number and a time to call you.
Use the form at our contact page
What will happen once you click the button?
You will be taken to a page in the EvangelismCoach store where you can fill in your credit card or check details.
This will be verified instantly and you will be sent to a page where you can download the information right after your credit card has been verified.
1) The download is instant. You should be directed to a download page right away. If you get directed to another page by chance, please don’t panic. Computers take breaks sometimes. Send me an email, and I will send you an alternate link and you will be able to download your product without a problem.
As with our products, there is a 30 day money back guarantee and no hassle refunds.
I’m the only one in customer service and will address your questions promptly when I’m on-line.
(Gas tank image: By Gavin St. Ours)
[…] In fact, as you begin 2011, it should be a time to review your hospitality systems and cast vision church hospitality ministries for 2011.By improving your welcome of church visitors, you can impress the visitor who is church shopping, […]