God has appointed us to live in certain places at certain times (Acts 17:26).
It’s reasonable to extend this to the church that you are connected with being planted in the neighborhood.
Here are a few study questions for your community exegesis:
- Who are the unchurched in your community that your church could easily reach?
- Who are the unchurched, that your church could read with some effort?
- What would it take for your church to reach the “easily” and “some effort” group?
- What changes in philosophy, program, and structure would you need to make in your church to reach the “easily unchurched?”
- What might block your church from reaching the unchurched?
- Who has God brought to your attention that is unchurched?
- Would you feel comfortable inviting them to your church?
Source: Brian Clark, PC USA church planter in Northern Virginia.
Photo credit: Kyle May via cc (link to flickr is gone)