- How to Practice a Gospel Presentation
- The Big Story – Improving the Bridge Illustration
- Do versus Done
- Two Challenges to Fixed Gospel Presentations (Scripts)
- Gospel Script: FAITH
- How to Use the Bridge Illustration
- Prayer Strategy for Personal Evangelism
- Bill Hybels on Do vs Done and Three R Script
- How to Use the Evangecube Gospel Script
The “Do vs Done” Gospel Evangelism Script is one of those scripts that is very well known and has a long history.
“Do versus Done” is very simple gospel presentation to think through, and gets at one aspect of the gospel message.
Many websites have reference to this gospel script, yet there is no real explanation of how to use it in conversational evangelism. (Image: clipped from video below)
Do vs. Done
I actually had to turn to print. I found this in Becoming a Contagious Christian, Hybels and Mittleberg.
Religion is spelled D-O, and is all about trying to DO enough to please God.
The trouble is we don’t know if we ever do enough, and the Bible tells us we never can do enough (Romans 3.23).
But Christianity is spelled D-O-N-E.
Jesus has done what we could never do. He lived the perfect life and died on the cross to pay for all the wrong stuff we have done.
But it’s not enough just to know this. We have to receive what he has done. We have to ask Jesus to forgive us and to be the leader of our lives.
Then you could ask them what they think, whether they understand the difference, and if they see the need for Jesus.
Of course, the six sentences above are basic. It focuses on one aspect of the atonement.
The point is not to memorize the Do versus Done as a formula, but to become so comfortable with it that you can
- fill in the gaps,
- linger on conversational points,
- use scripture to fill out parts that are meaningful in the conversation that you are having.
The above outline of Do VS Done can help you remember where you are in the conversational flow.
By the way, this script works in Spanish as well, Hace vs. Hecho.
Do Versus Done Video
Let me ask you this?
Have you used this script?
What kinds of questions do people bring up in response to it?
Tell us your stories in the comments.
Do you need help in Personal Evangelism?
Start here with this MP3 Download on Evangelism Training from the store to help you see where you need to grow. One of the steps to to master a particular gospel presentation like Do vs. Done.
In this 70 minute MP3 AUDIO recording on personal evangelism you will learn:
- How church invitations are part of evangelism
- How to discover and share your own journey to faith
- What you can say about the gospel message.
- How to personally lead someone to faith in Christ.
It’s a 70 minute audio file that takes just a few minutes to purchase and download, but it may help you answer the question:
What can you do in the next 90 days to grow in your evangelism skills?