I am helping launch a church.
We don’t want to be known as the church in the hotel.
We want to be known as the church that heals families.
We don’t want people to come so we can grow the church.
We want people to come and give themselves away in the community.
I’ve been reading some great books on these themes, and it recently inspired the sermon that is the podcast attached to this episode:
- Evangelism Where You Live: Engaging Your Community
- AND: The Gathered and Scattered Church (Exponential Series)
- The Externally Focused Quest: Becoming the Best Church for the Community
1. The dangers when the focus is only come.
2. The call to go and give yourselves away.
3. The blessings God give when you go
To download: Use the right click of your mouse, and choose save target as, or save as. . . Related posts: