- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 1 Am I too busy to see?
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 2 “Jesus saw”
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 3
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 4
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 5
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 6
- 30 days of Prayer: Day 7 The Process of Evangelism
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 8: Spiritual Blindness
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 9: The Pearl of Great Price
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 10: Surprised by Joy
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 11 Scattering the Seed
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 12 – The mystery of conversion
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 13 – Conversion process is discernable
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 14 – Harvest
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 15 – The soil
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 16 – Spiritual Thirst
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 17 – Spiritual Thirst Study
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 18 – Common Spiritual Thirsts
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 19 – Woman at the Well
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 20 – Spiritual Thirst and Good Works
- 30 Days of Prayer – Day 21: Tell of All His Works
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 22 – Tell of His Love
- 30 Days of Prayer — Day 23: Who is Jesus to me?
Mark 4:29 – “As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.”
In the past few days, we have seen the process of evangelism.
- Sowing the seed into the soil (A farmer sows the seed. . . )
- The mysterious process of growth (The seed sprouts and grows . . )
- Growth comes through visible stages (First the stalk, then the head . . .)
But ultimately, there is a harvest.
The farmer knows when the harvest is ready. The farmer sees all the evidence that says, now is the time.
As witnesses, we can learn to notice
- when the Holy Spirit is bringing conviction of sin,
- when a person is ready to surrender to Christ
- when it’s God’s kairos moment to bring conversion to a person.
The farmer doesn’t rush the process. The witness doesn’t race to the finish line.
But an effective witness can watch and observe for the moment of harvest and comfortably help a person place their faith in Christ.
Just as the farmer knows when the seed is ripe, we can learn to recognize those moments when the harvest is ready.
The farmer has been working (weeding, fertilizing, watering) but the process is hidden (seed to shoot, to plant, to fruit, to harvest).
Lord Jesus, thank You for leading me to a place where I surrendered to you.
I thank you that You planted that seed of the word into my life and that it has blossomed into a relationship with You.
Help me to see the harvest around me and give me the confidence to call people to step into following you.
Grant me that privilege of the harvest.
Today’s Action Step
Take some time to day to journal about the friends and strangers you are praying for.
- Ask God to help you see where they are in their growth.
- Ask God to bring the harvest to you.
- Ask God to help you have a conversation this week with one of those friends to help them grow.
- Ask God to give you an opportunity to share the gospel with one of your friends who are ready to hear it.
Spend some time writing out your prayers and review the last 13 days of journaling for answers.
Note: At this time, the series plug-in is broken. To see other entries in this 30 days of prayer series, look at the Prayer category.