- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 1 Am I too busy to see?
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 2 “Jesus saw”
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 3
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 4
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 5
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 6
- 30 days of Prayer: Day 7 The Process of Evangelism
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 8: Spiritual Blindness
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 9: The Pearl of Great Price
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 10: Surprised by Joy
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 11 Scattering the Seed
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 12 – The mystery of conversion
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 13 – Conversion process is discernable
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 14 – Harvest
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 15 – The soil
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 16 – Spiritual Thirst
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 17 – Spiritual Thirst Study
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 18 – Common Spiritual Thirsts
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 19 – Woman at the Well
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 20 – Spiritual Thirst and Good Works
- 30 Days of Prayer – Day 21: Tell of All His Works
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 22 – Tell of His Love
- 30 Days of Prayer — Day 23: Who is Jesus to me?
Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. 1 Peter 2:7
What is precious?
I’ve been pondering this word in my devotions this week while looking at the current difficult circumstances of my life.
Are the challenges I face now worth the price of my calling to follow my Savior?
Is following Jesus worth it?
Some of these challenges are the direct result of launching this ministry to an international level in the Americas.
- Hours of travel on all sorts of transportation: by planes, trains, buses and cars.
- International travel to 6-7 countries each year.
- Living by offerings, monthly support, and conference fees.
- Teaching in dangerous places where personal safety is not guaranteed.
- Leaving my house at 4 am to teach all day and get home by 2:30am via bus
- Learning to communicate, preach and teach in Spanish as a second language.
Are these challenges worth the price of our calling to follow my Savior?
My relationship with Christ is the most precious thing in my life. Obedience to His calling brings our family joy.
Seeing the fruit of this calling brings with it a deep reward that is indescribable.
- When I see people come to faith in Christ
- When a person pulls me aside and tells me how they havve been impacted by our teaching.
- When pastors send me baptism pictures because they attended my conference
- When Young Life Central American leaders help others discover what we’ve taught them.
- “When people ask me “How can I start following Jesus too?” It’s all worth it.
Yes, Jesus is precious to me.
Why is Jesus precious to you?
Jesus may be precious to you because He has forgiven you.
Jesus may be precious to you because He is guiding you in this life.
Jesus may be precious to you because He has healed you.
Jesus is Pastor, Savior, Friend, Healer, Redeemer, Friend, Bread of Life, Lord of All.
What image of Jesus speaks to you most deeply? I bet there is one image of Jesus that speaks to you more than all the others.
That can help you answer the question that my friend Easum has asked:
What is it about your relationship with Jesus that your friend can’t live without?
Action for today:
- In your journal, write down 3 of your favorite worship songs. Find the lyrics and take the time to write them out in your journal.
- If you have easy access to the music, sing them as an act of worship.
- Write down the phrases that move you, give you goose bumps, or at times, brings worshipful tears to your eyes.
- Describe what those phrases mean to you, what is it about those phrases that move you.
Lord, You are more precious than silver.
Lord, You are more costly than gold.
Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds
And nothing I desire compares with You
Lord, reveal Yourself to my friends. You are a precious cornerstone to me, and I pray that they would come to find You just as precious as you are. Help me to find ways to talk about You with them that give You all the glory for how beautiful You are to me. You are mighty to save, and You can reveal Yourself to my friends in such an undeniable way that they will want to follow You.
Of what value to you is your relationship with Jesus?
The more I explore the depths of that value, the meaning of that word, I notice something bubbling from inside of me.
I want to tell somebody.
Start here with this MP3 Download on Evangelism Training from the store ($10) to help you see where you need to grow.
It’s a 80 minute audio file that takes just a few minutes to download, but it may help you answer the question:
What can you do in the next 90 days to grow in your evangelism skills?