Looking back over the last 10 days, how many conversations about your faith have happened?
If you want more, what is one action you can start to generate more?
A quick test
Recently, I’ve been coaching church teams on personal evangelism over a 4 month time frame.
Their goal is to increase the number of faith sharing conversations they have throughout the week.
Here is a little test that comes out from coaching:
- If you were to look back at the last 10 days, how many times did you get to share something about your relationship with Christ with a non-believing friend?
- If your answer is zero, then what can you do to change that?
Let me share one tip with you.
The starting point for more faith conversations is prayer.
Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD : The word of the LORD had not yet been revealed to him. – 1 Samuel 3.7
As I read this a few mornings ago, I simply began to think:
- Who am I praying for to know the Lord?
- Who am I praying for God to reveal His word?
I can think of several people today in the reach of my life who do not yet know the Lord.
Many of you know that prayer precedes personal evangelism.
Yet I encounter more and more people that still feel somewhat clumsy in actually praying for people who don’t know the Lord.
Start with a prayer list
Read here on how to Make a prayer list.
It’s a great exercise as it forces us to pay attention to the number of relationships with non-Christians.
Once you have that list, then pray regularly for them by name.
- Give me eyes to see their spiritual thirst. (See What is Spiritual Thirst?)
- Give me opportunity to speak with them.
- Give them a thirst, help me to see it.
- Help them move another step closer to you.
- Reveal yourself to them in undeniable ways.
Here is a Evangelismcoach podcast that might give you another possible structure:
What about you? Who are you praying for today?
As you pray for them by name, obey any guidance the Lord gives you:
- Is God inviting me to spend a little more time with them?
- What is the next “do” with them? Call? Coffee? Cookout?
Live Virtual Evangelism Training with Your Team
Gather your group for a virtual 90 minute workshop where you’ll learn to have more spiritual conversations than you can count with people who were desperately curious about your faith in Jesus.
Learn what to look for in those conversations that lead to spiritual conversation.
You’ll discover the joy of sharing your faith with people who want to hear some of your Christian story.