A reader question via Ask EvangelismCoach wonders:
What are some prayer points for church growth?
While there are many different avenues for intercessory prayers for church growth, let me suggest 3 avenues.
1. Personal evangelism
Take some time to pray about your own personal evangelism.
(See the 10 most important articles here).
- Conversational opportunities in the ordinary course of your day.
- God’s heart for lost friends and family members
- Growth in how live a visible, holy life.
But also begin to pray the same for the congregation that you are involved in.
Pray that more members would:
- Grow in their personal evangelism.
- Get God’s heart for those who are around them.
- Connect with people who don’t know Christ.
- Grow in their passion for personal evangelism
2. Congregational evangelism
The local church is a partner in personal evangelism.
The local church:
- provides training in personal evangelism
- encourages people to invite their friends to church
- provides awesome church hospitality to support those invitations
- and finds ways to help church visitors become part of the church
- a culture of hospitality
- openness to give personal invitations to church
- the worship experience, that your visitors might encounter God
- a culture of invitation.
- motivated volunteers who love to welcome guests.
- your hospitality ministry leaders
- that visitors would find their faith in Christ, or grow in their faith, as they connect.
3. The Community
Each church is involved in mission to the local community. That mission may take several expressions as volunteers bless the community in numerous ways.
- Peace and security
- Discovering the Father’s Heart for the community around you.
- Avenues for where to serve the poor,
- Ministry venues where volunteers can give themselves away
- Favor with community and government officials.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Each week, I send out new articles to help you grow your church through personal evangelism, invitations, improving your greeter ministry, and refreshing your vision for church hospitality. You’ll usually find a gem that you can use each week or at least every other week. Join our community and share your thoughts.