- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 1 Am I too busy to see?
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 2 “Jesus saw”
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 3
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 4
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 5
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 6
- 30 days of Prayer: Day 7 The Process of Evangelism
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 8: Spiritual Blindness
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 9: The Pearl of Great Price
- 30 Days of Prayer Day 10: Surprised by Joy
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 11 Scattering the Seed
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 12 – The mystery of conversion
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 13 – Conversion process is discernable
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 14 – Harvest
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 15 – The soil
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 16 – Spiritual Thirst
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 17 – Spiritual Thirst Study
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 18 – Common Spiritual Thirsts
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 19 – Woman at the Well
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 20 – Spiritual Thirst and Good Works
- 30 Days of Prayer – Day 21: Tell of All His Works
- 30 Days of Prayer: Day 22 – Tell of His Love
- 30 Days of Prayer — Day 23: Who is Jesus to me?
Before we came to know Christ, we were sinners.
Before we started following Jesus, we were spiritually dead, and spiritually blind.
If we have been a Christian for a long time, perhaps we have forgotten how our spiritual eyes couldn’t see in the dark, how impossible it was to see
- the value of God’s truth,
- the preciousness of Jesus,
- the price of our salvation
- the outrageous love of God for us.
Jesus is the Pearl of Great Price
Perhaps we can’t recall the process of evangelism that removed our spiritual blinders enough to take the leap of faith and begin to follow Jesus.
How has Jesus changed your life?
- Personal forgiveness for a troubled past.
- Healing of your personal brokenness.
- Gratitude for physical healing.
- Tremendous experience of God’s love.
- Finding a purpose for your life in God’s plan.
- Avoiding hell.
- The personal joy you get from regular spending time in prayer or worship.
- Obedience. Jesus said so, so I need to share my faith.
In your journey to faith, your spiritual blindness was removed by the Holy Spirit, allowing God to speak into your life.
As people around you spoke into your life, as strangers spoke the right word to your heart, the influence of your church community and messages brought clarity, your spiritual blindness was removed.
Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound) That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found, Was blind, but now I see.
‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear, The hour I first believed!
In today’s prayer, thank God for His work in your life to bring you to that place of seeing, understanding, and believing.
Ask God to excite your heart with memories of your conversion process (or awakening process) that first drew you to following Jesus.
My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king;
my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer. (Psalm 45:1)
I thank You God for the influences in my life that helped me become aware of my own need for You.
I thank You that, by Your Holy Spirit, You removed the spiritual blindness that existed in my heart.
I thank You that You made Your offer of grace so irresistible, that I had to respond.
You did not wait for me to draw near to You
But You clothed Yourself with frail humanity
You did not wait for me to cry out to You
But You let me hear Your voice calling me
And I’m Forever Grateful to You
I’m Forever Grateful for The Cross
I’m Forever Grateful to You
That You came to seek and save the lost
Juanita Buyan, Forever Grateful
(Readers: Click thru to see the video)
- Is there a hymn fragment or a worship song that has deeply moved you in your walk with Christ? Write it out. Try to write out why that touches your soul.
- Make a list of people of influence who spoke into your life during the process of removing the spiritual blindness.
- Thank God for their personal influence in your life, one by one, by name
Be sure to grab the RSS feed (via one of the buttons above, or the text below) to get the next day’s guide.
Image Credit: Elbragon