Stories capture the heart and mind like nothing else can.
People listen to operas, watch movies, read novels, and attend plays to get lost in the story.
My son played Pinocchio in the school play (he’s in the red hat).
Personal God Stories as Testimony
In our team meeting last night, we spoke about stories and gathering stories from our congregation.
- How did God work in your life?
- How did you find your faith in Christ?
- Where is God working now in your life?
Each one will be about 3 minutes and we’ll record them for our church webpage.
They will become content that people can share on Facebook and twitter and whatever other social networks.
5 different ways to tell your story of God’s activity
In a 2004 article of the Discipleship Journal, author Elizabeth Turnage writes “Told Any Good Stories Lately?” At the end, the editors have this personal exercise.
Consider answering the questions yourself to find some of the stories of God’s work in your life.
God works in our lives in many ways. Choose one of the following, then write about how you’ve experienced God’s hand in that area of your life.
- A tale of redemption: How have you seen God bring something beautiful out of a hard situation?
- A story of comfort: How have you experienced God’s gentleness and shelter during a painful or difficult season?
- A tale of victory: How has God helped you overcome a weakness?
- A story of provision: Describe a time God met a pressing need—exactly and on time—in His providential way.
- A tale of reconciliation: When have you witnessed God heal a relationship that seemed damaged beyond repair?