I’ve been reading Evangelism Where You Live: Engaging Your Community and I think it is a must read book for pastors of struggling churches.
It’s a book that is based out of years of practical experience, and has much to say to how a church should engage it’s community.
- How does your church connect with the community?
- Is your church over programmed but not developing mature Christians?
- Is your church known in your community for it’s service?
- Would the community notice if your church closed its doors?
- Are your members leveraging their community service for as times to share their faith?
- Get church members beyond the walls of over programmed churches
- Help pastors to grasp this philosophy of community service for evangelism
- Cast a vision for community based servant evangelism
- Find active ways to serve your community in Jesus name.
- Experience the transformational growth and watch your church grow.
Stephen Pate, author of Evangelism Where You Live: Engaging Your Community, will join me, Chris Walker, of www.Evangelismcoach.org in discussing this strategy as part of your evangelism outreach to your community.
Here are the resources mentioned in the webinar this afternoon with author Stephen Pate.
The information didn’t go as deep as some expected, but it can serve as a decent introduction to the book: