A few years ago, I listened to a talk given by Mark Mittelberg, who was on the staff with Willow Creek at the time.
It was titled “Sharpening Your Evangelistic Edge.”
Below are 8 barriers to effective evangelism communication that Mr. Mittleberg shared. If you have others to add, I’d love to hear them.
Barriers to Effective Evangelism Communication:
- Lack of freshness in our relationship with God.
- Lack of confidence in the Scripture
- Lack of exposure to the Scripture
- Lack of clarity about the gospel itself.
- Lack of courage to present Jesus as the only way of Salvation.
- Lack of confidence in the power of the gospel.
- Lack of preparation.
- Lack of guts (courage).
The simple solution to most all of this is to spend time nurturing your own relationship with the Lord.
You’ll want to share about what God is teaching you from the Scripture, you’ll be propelled by grace, and you’ll have the confidence in the power of the gospel.
We need to study to know the truth, know what we believe, and know how to share it. We should always be prepared to give a reason for the hope that lies within us.
Let me ask you this?
Are you prepared to share your faith today?
Is your relationship with God vital enough that you cannot help but share?
Do you need help in Personal Evangelism?
Start here with this MP3 Download on Evangelism Training from the store to help you see where you need to grow.
In this 70 minute MP3 AUDIO recording on personal evangelism you will learn:
- How church invitations are part of evangelism
- How to discover and share your own journey to faith
- What you can say about the gospel message.
- How to personally lead someone to faith in Christ.
It’s a 70 minute audio file that takes just a few minutes to download, but it may help you answer the question:
What can you do in the next 90 days to grow in your evangelism skills?