- Personal Invitations to Church are Most Effective
- Get More Church Invitations: Prayer
- A great tool to help your members make an invitation to church
- More church invitations: Friends and Family
- Recent Statistics on Church Invitations
- I want you to come to my church
- Get More Church Invitations: Relevant Sermons
- Church Invitation Video You Can Use
- Get More Church Invitations: A Great Welcome
- Another Church Invitation Video
LifeWay Research did a study and asked how many times they have personally, “invited an unchurched person to attend a church service or some other program at your church?”
- 48% of church attendees responded, “zero.”
- 33% percent of people say they’ve personally invited someone one or two times.
- 19% say they’ve done so on three or more occasions in the last six months.
Even if personal invitations are the most effective form of increasing visitor traffic to your church, nearly half the people surveyed have not invited an unchurched person to church.
Prayer for the unchurched people in your circles of influence is a vital part of sharing your faith
The same study revealed
- 21% of churchgoers say that outside of church worship services they pray every day for people they know who are not professing Christians.
- 26% say they pray a few times a week.
- 20% say they rarely or never pray for the spiritual status of others.
According to Ed Stetzer, president of Lifeway Research,
praying more frequently for the status of people who are not professing Christians is the best indicator of more spiritual maturity in the entire Sharing Christ factor.
If you are going to be intentional about sharing your faith, praying for others is a great way to start. We often acknowledge the importance of prayer in people coming to faith in Christ, but we also found it has an impact on the person praying,” he said.