Lee Strobel shares a quick video synopsis of the 6 styles of personal evangelism.
The material came from Becoming a Contagious Christian, Bill Hybels and Mark Mittleberg.
In the book, Becoming a Contagious Christian, Bill Hybels and Mark Mittelberg point out that there are a variety of different evangelism styles.
- Confrontational: Peter, Acts 2.
- Intellectual / Philosophical: Paul, Acts 17.
- Testimonial: Blind Man, John 9
- Invitational: Woman at the Well, John 4
- Serving: Dorcas (Tabitha), Acts 9: 36ff
- Signs and Wonders: First Corinthians 2:1-5.
To this list, I would add “Chance Conversations,” based on Phillip and the Ethiopian Eunuch
The greatest contribution this book makes is the recognition of various evangelism styles.
This list has become a fountainhead for a lot of other teaching.
For example, it is the foundation for Jeffrey Johnson’s work, “Got Style?”, which helps your church decide the best evangelism course based on it’s personality.
My own Evangelism Teaching on DVD
I have a DVD set (or digital download) that focuses on a conversational style evangelism that would be effective in:
- casual conversation between friends
- causal conversation between strangers
- a relational style evangelism
- a friendship style evangelism
Read more about the Effective Evangelism Conversations in the store
It will show you how to have good faith sharing conversations no matter what your style.