Yesterday, I met with fellow blogger Jimmy Kinnaird here in Atlanta to discuss personal evangelism. We had a great meeting at Starbucks, and it was awesome putting a real face on a real person that I first met because of our blogging interest on personal evangelism.
An idea we kicked around is about an evangelism coaching group.
An Evangelism coaching group is a group that meets somewhat regularly, for people who are passionate and excited about evangelism.
The evangelism coaching group meeting has a simple structure to discuss questions of evangelism practice. It’s meant to keep the personal evangelistic temperature high, and an evangelism accountability group to make sure we are doing personal evangelism.
Evangelism Discussion Questions:
- What has Jesus done with you or for you since we last met? (Noticing the current activity of God).
- With whom did you have a spiritual conversation this week?
The follow-up questions are all to debrief a spiritual conversation
- How did you notice that it was time to have a spiritual conversation?
- How did that spiritual conversation start?
- Where is that person’s spiritual thirst?
- What questions were raised?
- What questions did you ask?
- In hindsight, what would you have done differently in that spiritual conversation?
- What do you think is the persons next step spiritually?
- How can we pray for you in that endeavor?
By having an evangelism coaching group, we can continue to sharpen our skills in personal evangelism.Related posts: