I had the privilege this week of preaching at a church in Marietta Georgia.
It was a church in the Pentecostal stream of the Body of Christ. It was ok with them my ordination is with the Presbyterian Church.
I’m a Presbyterian that’s been “tampered with,” meaning I don’t fit a stereo-typical Presbyterian pastor.
I enjoy being with the people of God during my evangelism coaching travels.
I enjoy the diversity of the body of Christ and it’s multi-cultural aspect — truly the body of Christ is made up of people from all nations. The Atlanta Metro area is truly rich in ethnic and cultural diversity. I see more and more multi-ethnic churches and that’s a beautiful thing.
It’s a reminder to me that one day, all the nations, tribes, and tongues will gather to worship Jesus (Rev. 7.9)
The fruit of our evangelism should be a multi-cultural body of Christ, not just one flavor of humanity.
As we sang songs during our worship time, I felt the Lord give me a question to ask at the beginning of sermon.
- How many of you have been a follower of Jesus for less than a year?
- How many of you have been a follower of Jesus for less than 5 years? 1 hand.
- Less than 10 years?
- Less than 20 years?
- Over 20 years? All the rest of the hands were raised.
The next question set the rest of the sermon:
Where are the new believers?
Where are the people not yet followers of Jesus but in the process of discovering their faith?
Now the question gets personal.
- Do you have friends who are not yet following Jesus?
- Do you have liberty to discuss faith and perhaps be used of God to influence them for God’s kingdom?
Let me ask you this?
If you have such friends, what are you doing to help them move closer to discovering Jesus?
If you don’t have such friends, what can you do today that will change that?
Answer in the comment field below.
Do you want help in Personal Evangelism?
Start here with this MP3 Download on Evangelism Training from the store to help you see where you need to grow.
In this 70 minute MP3 AUDIO recording on personal evangelism you will learn:
- How church invitations are part of evangelism
- How to discover and share your own journey to faith
- What you can say about the gospel message.
- How to personally lead someone to faith in Christ.
It’s a 70 minute audio file that takes just a few minutes to download, but it may help you answer the question:
What can you do in the next 90 days to grow in your evangelism skills?