Small groups are a great place to find help and encouragement in sharing Christ with nonbelievers.
I propose one accountability group as an Evangelism Training Small Group.
Here is a sample 6 week group to increase the number of evangelism conversations.
- Read together Mt. 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8. Use a flip chart or poster paper to list as many observations as you can from these verses.
- How you would define your “Jerusalem?” Is it a neighborhood, workplace, your circle of acquaintances, or something else?
- Do the same with “Judea” “Samaria” and “ends of the earth.”
- Brainstorm how your small-group members can reach their Jerusalems. Write your ideas on a flip chart or poster paper.
- Commit to pray daily for one another to become more evangelistic.
- Ask group members to spend the next week asking the Lord for the names of three people they can reach out to. See Evangelism Prayer List
- Close in prayer. Read How to Lead an Evangelistic Prayer meeting.
- Tell each other about the three people you want to share Christ with.
- Divide into prayer partners, and pray for each other and the people on your lists.
- As a group, brainstorm ways you can reach out in kindness to your three people. Refer to the ideas you came up with last week.
- Look at gospel scripts and work at getting to know just one. See How to Use a Gospel script
- Role-play sharing the gospel with each other using these presentations.
Week Three through Six
- Discuss your evangelistic conversations since the prior meeting.
- Debrief the conversations (see below) to discern what worked and what didn’t.
- Plan an outreach event–a picnic, hike, potluck dinner, etc. Invite the three people on your outreach list, plus others who come to mind.
- Continue role-playing your gospel presentations. Discuss together how to answer difficult questions that arise in your conversations with nonChristians.
- Dismiss again till next time.
Debriefing the conversations
Some questions I like to ask are:
- “How did God point out that person to you?”
- “Where did you notice God was already at work?”
- “What was their spiritual thirst?”
- “What would you do differently?”
- “What did you share about Christ?”
16 campbells Ride
Your website is very informative i wish i was arm eith this teaching before i start evangelising on the street.
Thanks alot for this info.