One common church hospitality question that I’m asked is for a recommended reading list on books related to church hospitality.
I’ve compiled this based on the reading that I’ve done.
My Church Hospitality e-books:
1. Church Greeters 101
Church Greeters 101 is now available in paperback and for the kindle. You’ll learn about growing a greeting ministry from scratch:
- Training, and
- Keeping church greeters.
A big emphasis in this greeter book is on ongoing training of greeters and gives specific examples of greeter training meetings.
2. How to Welcome Church Visitors:
How to Welcome Church Visitors is a downloadable ebook.
This is my first ebook on Creating better first impressions.
It looks at the entire visitor experience of a first time Church Visitor. Your purchase will get you a free hour of consulting time with me about your hospitality ministry if you choose to claim it.
The remaining 8 of Top 10 Books on Church Hospitality
- Beyond the First Visit: The Complete Guide to Connecting Guests to Your Church, Gary McIntosh
- Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests into Fully-Engaged Members of Your Church , Nelson Searcy
- First Impressions: Creating Wow Experiences In Your Church , Mark Waltz
- Serving as a Church Greeter , Leslie Parrott (Review )
- The Work of the Greeter , Paige Lanier Chargois
- Lasting Impressions: From Visiting to Belonging, Mark Waltz
- Ushering 101 , Buddy Bell
- Greeting 101 , Buddy Bell
These 8 above are affiliate links. I get a small commission that Amazon sends me.
These are all books that I have read and find them very helpful in terms of visitor welcome.
For a more complete list of books, see the books tab above.
Let me ask you this?
Are there other church hospitality books that you would recommend?
Add them below and I invite you to give a reason for that recommendation.
The Hospitality Commands by Alexander Strauch is the absolute best book I’ve ever read on hospitality. It touches both on hospitality in the church and the home.