The question for today:
I know God called me as an evangelist.
I have no personal evangelism plan and feel a need for one .
I also like to know more how an evangelist lives his calling
Let me begin by referring you to
Telling the Story: Evangelism for the Next Generation, by Luis Palau, Timothy Robnett.
They answer your question in depth.
As I read your question, I see that you have two in there.
One regarding a strategy, and the second about developing your calling.
Develop an Evangelism Strategy
I’ve written about this before in Do you have a Strategy for 2009? There you will find additional links about developing a plan.
Other plans for your development might include a
- Develop an Evangelism Prayer List,
- Develop a reading plan of evangelism books.
- Find and attend evangelism conferences.
- Use Facebook groups for evangelists (search for them).
- Learn how to use gospel scripts when God has opened the door.
- Learn how to recognize the working of the Holy Spirit.
- Shameless plug: grab my Evangelism newsletter to stay informed about free online evangelism training events and exclusive tips.
Living Your Calling as an Evangelist
In Chapter 3 of Telling the Story: Evangelism for the Next Generation, Luis Palau writes about how an evangelist can begin to live out his calling.
I’ll simply put forth the summary.
Order your copy of Telling the Story: Evangelism for the Next Generation to read the whole thing.
- Dream great dreams (i.e, develop a giant faith, goals)
- Plan great plans (i.e. what is your ministry’s vision, strategy)
- Pray great prayers (i.e., the faith to ask)
- Obey great commands (i.e., go and fulfill)