As the final installment in our series on church nametags, here is a list I found from a church that chose to do this ministry.
- #10 A name tag is cheaper than a tattoo.
- #9 Wearing a name tag makes for a friendlier church.
- #8 You will be more approachable if you wear a name tag.
- #7 Even if you forget a name, you can still read it!
- #6 A name tag makes it easier to introduce you to someone.
- #5 A name tag makes visitors feel comfortable.
- #4 You can make a friend in less than 30 seconds if you wear a name tag.
- #3 You are immediately identified as an ambassador of our church. Friendly always wins.
- #2 Name tags are NOT about you. They’re about everyone in the world except you.
- #1 Everyone likes to hear their name!
Source: St. Paul’s Evangelical Church newsletter.
I’m not sure I agree with all of these 10 reasons to where a nametag at church, but they are things to think about.