I get to talk alot with pastors at conferences I give or attend, and often on the telephone as well about some of their challenges with personal evangelism.
As mentioned in the last post, this is what I hear from pastors about their personal evangelism
- “I don’t have time for personal evangelism.”
- “I’m not good at doing this evangelism thing.”
- “I wish I could get out of the office and actually talk with people.”
- “I wish I had learned this in seminary.”
- “I have no experience in personal evangelism, so how am I supposed to lead it in my church”
There can be a variety of reasons why pastors have a hard time with evangelism. I want to give pastors 10 practical tips on personal evangelism.
1. Seek the Father’s Heart — (see Getting Emotionally Worked Up)
2. Offer yourself for God’s use in sharing your faith.
3. Regularly Pray for those who don’t know Christ.
- Ten Prayer Points For your Friends
- Prayer and Evangelism
- Three Verses on Prayer (in a book review article)
- Take the Risk, Offer to Pray.
- Prayer and Evangelism (Acronym to lead your prayer)
- Evangelism PAINS
- Prayer Strategy for Personal Evangelism (PODCAST)
4. Look for the person of peace.
5. Get out of the office and make connections in the neighborhood.
6. Build genuine relationships for spiritual influence.
7. Choose a gospel script.
- You want me to explain the gospel?
- Video Illustration of the Bridge Diagram
- Discussing the Bridge Illustration
- The Big Story – Improving the Bridge Illustration
- How to Use the Bridge Illustration
8. Practice the gospel script until you are comfortable with it.
9. Discover your story
- Personal Testimony Questionnaire
- Evangelism As Storytelling
- The Power Of Testimony
- A 2 part Questionnaire
10. Learn how to use questions in a conversation
- Keys For Evangelism Training
- Evangelism Training In The Local Church
- Effective Evangelism Training Lab Time,