A passion for personal evangelism is something that comes and goes. You attend an evangelism conference and your passion for personal evangelism is stoked.
But after a few weeks, that passion subsides.
I’ve decided to repost some tips on keeping your evangelism passion hot. These were originally posted in Evangelism and Rising Tides, but are worth repeating.
How does one keep the fires hot? Let me give you 15 right off the bat. It’s not a linear list and not exhaustive, but here goes:
- Keep your relationship with God strong.
- Read the Scriptures, meditate on them as your day goes on.
- Enjoy noticing God’s activity around you.
- Regularly tell others about God’s work in your life.
- Regularly engage in evangelistic conversations
- Review them as part of your devotional life.
- Read evangelism books.
- Read and comment on evangelism blogs.
- Participate in the evangelism activity of your local church
- Share your evangelism stories with others.
- Join an evangelism coaching group that meets regularly to review conversations.
- Worship deeply.
- Pray regularly.
- Notice the people around you and pray for them.
- Practice explaining the gospel clearly and simply.
Do you need help in Personal Evangelism?
Start here with this MP3 Download on Evangelism Training from the store to help you see where you need to grow.
In this 70 minute MP3 AUDIO recording on personal evangelism you will learn:
- How church invitations are part of evangelism
- How to discover and share your own journey to faith
- What you can say about the gospel message.
- How to personally lead someone to faith in Christ.
It’s a 70 minute audio file that takes just a few minutes to download, but it may help you answer the question:
What can you do in the next 90 days to grow in your evangelism skills?