I’m not the first to point this out, but I’ve heard the expression:
“A rising tide lifts all boats.”
Perhaps you’ve heard it too. Perhaps it’s a cliche that is beyond trendy.
But, when one person is excited about evangelism, and doing it, sharing their experiences, and reflections, other people begin to get the idea that perhaps “I can do this too. ”
When you are causing the evangelistic tide to rise, others will rise up and do evangelism.
You keep your evangelistic passion high, others will increase as well.
The Passion Pours out.
When I preached every Sunday, I always had a new evangelism story — a book I was reading, a conversation I had, a prayer that I had with somebody.
People around me began to feel more comfortable doing evangelism, and within a few months, people were telling me their own stories of conversations.
That’s where I learned to love evangelism coaching.
Asking folks to recall the conversation, explore it a little more, think about how to do the conversation differently the next time a similar topic came about — just like debriefing an evangelism conversation.
Asking questions to help sharpen the skills.
As long as my evangelistic temperature was hot, the people around me warmed up to evangelism.
15 Ways to keep stoking the passion for Evangelism
How does one keep the evangelism passion hot?
Let me give you 15 right off the bat. It’s not a linear list and not exhaustive, but here goes:
- Keep your relationship with God strong.
- Read the Scriptures, meditate on them as your day goes on.
- Enjoy noticing God’s activity around you.
- Regularly tell others about God’s work in your life.
- Regularly engage in evangelistic conversations
- Review them as part of your devotional life.
- Read evangelism books.
- Read and comment on evangelism blogs.
- Participate in the evangelism activity of your local church
- Share your evangelism stories with others.
- Join an evangelism coaching group that meets regularly to review conversations.
- Worship deeply.
- Pray regularly.
- Notice the people around you and pray for them.
- Practice explaining the gospel clearly and simply.
Let me ask you this
What would you add to this list?
If you would like personalized help in personal evangelism over the next 60 days, I provide a telecoaching service of four phone calls over a 60 day period.
Read more about it here: Personal Coaching for Personal Evangelism